WALDNER DOSOMAT CIP, SIP, and Packaging Sterilization – an important topic
CIP cleaning / SIP sterilization is a closed hopper with spray balls and electric level control, which cleans the entire dosing unit without dismantling any components. All components and seals meet the requirements for food products and can be adjusted to meet international standards (3A, EHEDG). The WALDNER standard for CIP/SIP avoids dead space and other points of re-contamination.
The sterilization procedure of the dosing unit is controlled by achieved temperature and elapsed time safety checks. When cleaning and sterilization has been successfully achieved, the DOSOMAT will then allow operator access to return to production.
For the sterilization of cups and lids, the WALDNER DOSOMAT offers various sterilization technologies.
Cup and lid sterilization using H2O2 and hot sterile air
Sterile air, H2O2 treatment, and all the necessary valves and lines are situated in a sterile module next to the machine. The cups passing through this station are subject to sterile air enriched with H2O2 and are dried with hot sterile air. This technique effectively kills and inactivates bacteria and mold spores.
Cup, lid, or film sterilization using a UVC lamp unit directly over the packaging consisting of:
- UV medium pressure lamps of the latest design
- Features lamp housing with cooling fan
- Features servo-controlled rotating star for handling pre-cut lids
- Features a UVC lamp unit at the foil infeed to the sealing station for rollstock applications
- Control unit for controlling the radiation intensity
This technique effectively kills and inactivates bacteria and mold spores.
Cup sterilization using “pulsed light” technology
A high intensity pulsed light with flash duration of approximately 0.3 milliseconds effectively sterilizes the inside of the cup surface. The sterilization station consists of:
- Control cabinet with charge and discharge electronics
- Optical cabinet with gas discharge lamps / reflectors
- Passive safety equipment (panels with safety switches)
- Active safety equipment to ensure the lightproof closing of the sterilization station.
Clean air cabinet
The combination of a clean air cabinet (laminar flow) with the specified filter classes and packaging sterilization adds up to a self-contained clean room, which is particularly suitable for the following operating conditions:
- Use of packaging material contaminated with germs.
- Use in rooms where the air is contaminated by mold or other airborne germs.
- Use in rooms with low ceilings and a high air circulation rate
- Use in areas of high traffic (forklift trucks, transport of goods)
Show moreShow Less
Show more...Show Less